Aluminum Translucent Facade Systems
Open and transparent architecture won hearts of project engineers and investors. Dreamlike glass buildings are erected all over the world. Many architects put an emphasis on facade aesthetics and their attention is increasingly focused on aluminum profile systems successfully meeting the requirements of the new trend.
One can easily notice the strong tendency of modern architecture to simplicity of building forms and components transparency. Many architects accentuate aesthetics of buildings by fronting them with glass facades. Despite the passion for minimalistic designs and simplicity of building forms, technical limitations should be taken into account. For example, spectacular glass facades, compelling attention of people passing by, should also meet the requirements on heat and noise insulation, as well as comfort.
Translucent facade systems made of aluminum profiles fully satisfy the customer needs in aesthetics and utility.
Glass facades are used in different types of buildings: banks, hotels, stores, office and trade centres, automobile showrooms, stadiums, airports, private residences etc.
Modern approach envisages comprehensive decisions. Glass components have become more than a usual barrier between external world and interior long ago. Translucent structures perform the following functions:
- light transmission,
- energy saving,
- sun protection,
- noise insulation
- and the most important — aesthetics.
Types of glass facades
Firstly, glass facade is a traditional mullion-transom system. Its internal bearing structure consists of vertical (mullions) and horizontal (transoms) aluminum profiles connected together. External part consists of clamp plates holding insulating glass units and masking plates of different forms (at the customer’s choice).
The system also consists of additional profiles, weather strips, thermal bridges, fasteners etc. Aluminum profile form allows creating elegant glass facades with distinct narrow boundary lines, since its visible profile width is only 50 mm.
Windows with such design let the maximum amount of sunlight pass into the room.
Translucent mullion-transom systems have excellent tightness performance (air infiltration coefficient at the level of а=0.022) owing to transom-mullion fixture in the form of window trimmer. The coefficient of heat transfer resistance of the finished construction ranges from 0.81 to 1.27 depending on the selected insulating glass unit owing to properly selected thermal inserts.
Seams in such systems is sealed by weatherproof silicone.
Please note that FAVORBUD Company uses insulating glass units with special silicone-based sealants for such systems (as opposed to standard polysulphide sealants). This allows to avoid the risk of overheating of insulating glass units under ultraviolet radiation during the exploitation period.
Selection of fixtures and profiles
When choosing an aluminum system, we recommend that you work only with certified manufacturers of profile systems and accessories. In particular, our partners in this sphere are:
- Aluprof (Poland),
- Reynaers (Belgium),
- Alutech (Belarus)
- Schuco (Germany) etc.
When selecting fasteners, specialists of FAVORBUD Company use system screws and self-tapping screws made of A2 stainless steel. This method allows to avoid electro-corrosion when the aluminum profile and fastener interact.
The surface of the aluminum profile is mandatorily painted in the RAL palette color or covered with wood grain decorative protective coatings.
Selection of glass/insulating glass units
We offer a broad choice of of translucent infilling: you can choose the glazing thickness in the range from 4 mm to 56 mm (from single glass to triple-glazed windows).
The greatest attention should be paid to the choice of triple-glazed windows, as the glass:
- impacts heat and noise insulation of structures,
- determines its level of safety with possible destruction under external factors influence,
- as well as plays a key aesthetic role not only outside the facade, but also inside the room.
Our cooperation with the leading glass manufacturers for the construction industry (Guardian, Saint-Gobain Glass, AGC, Glass Troesch, Pilkington) allows to offer you high-quality triple-glazed windows which serve a long time, therefore fully justify your investments in the glass facade.
There are several basic common criteria of choosing a triple-glazed window:
- Safety: We recommend the installation of tempered glass (in case of damage it breaks down into small pieces, unable to wound anyone) or triplex glass (it contains an inner film that holds the broken glass in the structure).
- Energy saving: Energy-saving coating and inert gases (argon, krypton) make it possible to significantly increase heat transfer resistance of the structure. If triple-glazed windows configuration is chosen by specialists, you save 35% of the heating costs during the year.
- Sun protection and color rendering: high-tech sun-protective and multifunctional glass coatings significantly limit penetration of sunlight inside the room. So air conditioning costs will be minimal in summer. In this case, the glass will be as transparent as possible and will render the natural colors of the environment.
- Noise insulation: Double or triple-glazed windows can be made out of the special triplex glass. This variability allows our specialists to select the optimal construction of the glass unit, and you will forget about any unwanted noise.
Primary benefits of glazing of building facades are as follows:
- High level of heat and noise insulation which allows to maintain comfortable atmosphere in a building.
- Fire safety (aluminum does not burn and does not emit toxic substances).
- The system is designed to distribute static and dynamic loads correctly.
- Aluminum structures are both durable and non-deforming. That is why it is possible to create large-sized structures without additional reinforcement.
- It is possible to selectively replace glass units without dismantling of aluminum structure.
- Bearing structure flexibility, which makes the glass facade resistant to wind and temperature.
- Long warranty period, so the facade will serve for a long time.
- Broad selection of decor, flat and spacious structures of various shapes, aesthetic appeal.
We gained a good reputation among customers owing to the high quality of facades, extensive experience of our specialists in this sphere and the use of certified raw materials.
Contact us and we will realize your most challenging ideas!